Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Kinesio Tape - Treating My Ankle




So many choices!!!!! Kinesio being the original, KT Tape best marketed brand that comes in a range of funky colors and easy-to-remove precut strips, there's another called Rock Tape that's supposedly one of the best to adhere but I doubt Singapore carries them.

I wanted the KT brands for their colors and designs but figured it'd be too bright, plus they only look nice if you had a range of colors and I certainly wasn't going to buy more than one.. =P



I ended up settling for the Kinesio Black tape, something not too loud rather than the KT ones...it was tempting though!


Showered and switched to the tape...the material definitely looks better than the one I was using this afternoon.




The paper strip on the tape has lines that allow you to cut to your desired shape for whatever specific style of taping you want, and the adhesive back is patterned in a way to help you with something, at this point I can't remember what...KT Tape has this same adhesive backing as well.


The result is pretty decent, I used a method that was taught by KT Tape's videos which is a three tape method.

Ok off to sleep, let's hope things get better tomorrow.

4 comments:

Clinc said...

Hi there, I'm also a user of kinesio and I get them online, which takes time to deliver fr US. Wanted to switch to KT as it saves the hassle of cutting. Saw fr ur photos the shop carries KT. Could you share which retail shop u visited that carried the KT tape?

Endruuu said...

Hello, I got them from Queensway Shopping Centre but can't remember which shop to be exact...but there are a few shops that carry them so just walk in and out a few of them on the first floor and you should be able to find them.

The one I got it from is this newer looking shop that had blue lights and a lot of shoe brands, the tape was in their counter.

Unknown said...

Those tapes are really expensive but it's effective. I wanted to use this in my injury now due to my full forced exercise.

Elastic Adhesive Bandage

Unknown said...

Excellent tips. Really useful stuff .Never had an idea about this, will look for more of such informative posts from your side.. Good job...Keep it up
Strapping Tape Australia